Friday, May 16, 2008

basic chicken salad


Are you creamy or chunky?
An essential question when it comes to deciding what kind of chicken salad you prefer.
I am creamy...and in a recent attempt to recreate a certain creamy chicken salad, I came up with this delicious, albeit not exact duplicate, of the spread. It comes together in about five minutes, and it's just really, really good.
I think I may keep going in my quest to replicate the aforementioned salad. It drives me crazy when I can't make something at home that I love. Especially when it costs a wing and a leg.

meat from a whole baked/rotisserie chicken
4 celery ribs
1 onion
2 heaping tbsp mayo
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp yellow mustard

Chop onion and celery in food processor. Add chicken, process about 10 seconds. Add mayo, salt, pepper, vinegar and mustard, process or stir until combined, depending on desired texture.

1 comment:

Lizzie RePass said...

Hey! Have you ever tried adding an indian spice to your chicken salad like madras curry powder, or a little garam masala? If you ever have spare time, check out kincookin.blogspot.com, its my family's blog-they are from the mississippi delta (very southern cooking:-) oh, and some of my recipes are on there too.